Organisations can bid for up to £10,000 before the end of January
Barnet Council’s rolling Community Grants Programme is approaching the next deadline for applications on January 30th.
Grants of up to £10,000 are available to support groups or organisations to set up a new project or activity and one-off grants up up to £5,000 are available for one-off purchases or expenditure.
To be eligible, applications must show how they will achieve at least one of the following things:
- support people to be independent and lead active lives, especially older people and people with disabilities and complex needs
- strengthen individuals’ and families’ resilience in challenging times
- improve the social, emotional and mental wellbeing of children and young people. To help them develop skills and acquire knowledge to lead successful adult lives. Especially those with special educational needs and disabilities, and young people aged 16 to 24 who are not in education, employment or training
- promote health and health outcomes, including amongst working age adults with mental health needs
- support people in changing behaviour (such as to become more physically active)
- help people into work, training or apprenticeships
- help ensure that Barnet remains a safe and healthy place to live, work or study
- reduce crime and anti-social behaviour
- reduce inequalities
- build diverse and active communities and promote community cohesion
- protect and enhance the natural environment, including the use of green spaces to promote health and wellbeing
- promote recycling and waste minimization
- ensure that town centres are vibrant places where business can thrive
Full details, including which types of organisation can apply can be found at https://www.barnet.gov.uk/benefits-grants-and-financial-advice/grants-and-funding/grants-voluntary-and-community
After 3oth January, the next deadline for applications is 30th March 2024.